WHEN WORKING WITH high noon, I recommend going on the internet to look up when the sun is at its highest altitude in your area. An easy site to navigate that is loaded with great information on the positions of the sun and moon in particular areas around the world is timeanddate.com. Working within one hour of the daily zenith of the sun, one hour before or after, will still be potent enough to garner the energies of high noon.
Here are some sacred items, some activities, and a solar deity associated with the energies of high noon:
- Recharging the physical body
- Reenergizing sacred items
- Revitalizing breathwork
- Activities that require a show of strength, courage, and leadership
- Fire rites, especially those coupled with snake totems
- Turquoise stones
- Headdresses with turquoise or hummingbird paraphernalia
- Hummingbird and snakes, and sacred images or items connected with them, such as feathers, snakeskin, and snake fangs or teeth (as long as they are obtained ethically)
- Ritual offerings
- Solar deity, Huitzilopochtli*
High Noon Mantras for Divine Power and Peak Strength
Connecting to the sacred energies of high noon is perfect for garnering more power, particularly equalizing power dynamics, building authentic self-confidence and self-love, and stimulating strength and vitality.
Before engaging in any mantras, take a moment or two to connect with the sun at high noon. You can go outside and invite the sun’s high-noon energy into you, or you can close your eyes and visualize the sun directly above you radiating and nourishing you with his sacred essence energy. Here are some sample mantras for high noon:
- I am the sacred energies of the high-noon sun. I am always in my full divine power.
- I am the sacred energies of the high-noon sun. I am divine self-confidence and love and adore myself.
- I am the sacred energies of the high-noon sun. I emulate divine strength and vitality.
Journeying to the Flower Realm
This meditative journey and breathwork help to instill feelings of power and strength from a graceful and balanced space, rather than with the typical harshness associated with these qualities.
You can do this trance journey by cleansing and recharging your body with breathwork first, or you can go straight into the journey; it depends on how readily you can go into a trance state and whether you enjoy breathwork. Because it induces calm trance states and replenishes sacred essence energy, I always recommend it.
Purifying with Breath of Fire
The Breath of Fire exercise can purify and replenish us holistically. Start by sitting with your spine straight in a butterfly pose, with the soles of the feet touching so the legs are in a diamond shape, or cross your legs in a comfortable position, with the feet underneath the opposite knee. If neither of these is an option for you, sit in a chair where your spine can be straight.
Quickly breathe in and out of the nose. Pull the abdomen in toward the diaphragm during the exhalation and out during inhalation. (If you are unfamiliar with Breath of Fire, watch a YouTube video that shows how to do it.) Continue Breath of Fire for 30 seconds to a minute, or longer, and intertwine it with the following facial mudra.*
*Mudras are postures that trigger and speed up electromagnetic charges in the body. Like acupressure points, they stimulate particular areas of the body and correlating energetic systems. There are different kinds of mudras, involving the body, face, and hands.
Raising Adrenaline with a Facial Mudra
This facial mudra raises a balanced flow of adrenaline, which can inspire graceful feelings of power and strength. Start by taking a deep inhale, and extend your tongue out toward your chin while engaging in a nasal exhale. Repeat sticking your tongue out with nasal exhales 3 times. Then go back to Breath of Fire, and repeat the deep inhales and exhales with your tongue out. Repeat the cycle one last time, so you have done the Breath of Fire and tongue out exhales for three complete cycles.
This mudra—with tongue down to the chin—is identified with power and strength in different traditions. Huitzilopochtli and Tonatiuh, displayed at the center of the Sun Stone, and the Hindu goddess Kali, destroyer of illusions, are shown with this mudra.
Finally, inhale through the nose for a full 6 seconds. Hold the breath for 6 seconds. Then exhale out of the mouth for a full 6 seconds. Repeat until you feel relaxed in a slight trance state.
Journey within the Sacred Heart
Set the intention of connecting with the divine presence within you, your I Am presence, and journeying to sun at high noon through your sacred heart—the space where you are infinite, untouchable, pure love. If you are having trouble connecting with your I Am, a powerful and effective method for doing so is both a command and a statement of truth: “Stand aside, ego, in the name of God: I Am That I Am.” (I use the term God free of any particular religious association, but rather to name a principle of divine love. If you do not feel comfortable with the term God, use a word or concept that signifies pure Divinity, Love, and Consciousness to you.)
Visualize a mirror reflection of yourself as your divine I Am presence in front of you. This is the Self that is always encouraging you and inspiring you to be patient, loving, tender, and compassionate with yourself and others. It is the you that is pure love and only love; the real you. Now look at your I Am, and allow yourself to fall more deeply in love with you, opening your heart to you more and more.
Now see your I Am become infinitely small, standing on a zero-point stream of light radiating out from your sacred heart. Walk into and toward the sacred heart as your I Am presence. The first doorway into the sacred heart is the violet fires of transfiguring divine love and infinite physical perfection. Allow the violet fires to completely encompass you, caress you, and love you. Place into them any lower emotions or beliefs that you are ready to let go of, including fears, doubts, and regrets. Allow yourself to remain in the violet fires throughout this journey, releasing energies that you are ready to let go of, as well as things that may come up in the journey. Remember, within the sacred heart you are multidimensional and can be in many places at one time.
The second doorway into the sacred heart is the white fires of purification and resurrection. Allow these white fires also to completely encompass you, caress you, and love you. Let these white fires inspire you and remind you of your infinite potential. As you step into your sacred heart, see yourself in a floral paradise, a place like the Garden of Eden, where everything is alive—the numerous flowers surrounding you and all of nature welcoming you home.
A handsome bronze deity, Huitzilopochtli, welcomes you to this paradisal realm, Xochicalli (the place or house of flowers). He takes you over to a lake of floating chinampas, rectangular strips of floating beds of vegetation, where luminous beings are sunbathing. He invites you to get on one of the sunbathing beds. Get on the bed and lie down. As you are lying on the floating bed in the lake, let the high noon replenish you and fill you with divine power, strength, and vitality. Know that the magic of Xochicalli and its chinampas will recalibrate your sacred essence energy to an ideal balance of power and strength.
Once you have had your fill of sacred essence energy from the high noon, exit from Xochicalli through your sacred heart. Visualize yourself in the sacred white fires of purification and resurrection, and then in the violet fires. The sacred fire angels here congratulate you for taking the time to do something loving and nurturing for yourself. Then take six deep inhales and exhales, inhaling into the nose and exhaling out of the mouth. Gently rub your thighs with your hands, coming back fully present and grounded.
Sunbathing with Crystals
This ceremony helps to cleanse, energize, and clear blocks within our energy centers (chakras) and subtle energetic bodies. Each chakra resonates with a particular frequency and is associated with specific colors, which also vibrate at particular frequencies. You can place the crystal of the corresponding color on the chakra. This will help to clear any blocks in the chakras, ensure they are resonating at an optimum frequency, and provide you with more energy through the energies of the high-noon sun and the crystals.
You can also depart from the color correspondences and place crystals on your chakras according to their gifts and properties, based on what you feel you need energetically.
Chakras, Colors, and Properties of Crystals
- Root chakra and red crystals. The root chakra is located at the base of the spine, inside the vagina in women and above the testicles in men. Working with the root chakra can help to ground and center us. The color associated with the root chakra is red. Red crystals raise and ground energy.
- Sacral chakra and orange crystals. The sacral chakra is found just below the navel in the center of the body. Working with the sacral chakra can help us to feel emotionally balanced. The color associated with this chakra is orange. Orange crystals can help to move, release, and balance energies.
- Solar plexus and yellow crystals. The solar plexus is between the navel and sternum. Working with this center can enhance personal will and sense of power. The color associated with the solar plexus is yellow. Yellow crystals help to reduce tension and revitalize and balance power.
- Heart chakra and green or pink crystals. The heart chakra is located behind the sternum. Working with the heart chakra can induce peace, compassion, and love. The heart chakra is associated with the colors green and pink. Green crystals promote peace and understanding. Pink crystals induce calmness, softness, and compassion.
- Throat chakra and blue crystals. The throat chakra sits right above the hollow base of the neck. Working with the throat chakra can aid communication and creativity. The throat chakra is associated with the color blue. Blue crystals bring a sense of balance and intuitive knowing.
- Third eye and indigo crystals. The third eye chakra is at the center of the forehead. Working with the third eye develops imagination, discernment, and intuition. This chakra is typically associated with indigo. Indigo crystals can enhance intuitive gifts.
- Crown chakra and violet crystals. The crown chakra is located above the very top of the head. Working with the crown chakra can develop inspiration and expansiveness. The crown chakra is associated with violet. Violet crystals enhance spiritual growth and awareness.
Go outside to sunbathe for 15 to 20 minutes between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m., and lay crystals along your energy centers to cleanse and energize you. The ancient Mexica ritually sunbathed to garner sacred essence energy, although too much sun was believed to have adverse effects. If possible, do this ceremony after you have taken a baño (see pages 56–58 for instructions). As you are lying down, set the intention of connecting with the energies of the sun at high noon. Thank the high-noon sun for cleansing and energizing you and for whatever additional intentions you have included in your sunbathing rite.